Sunday, June 10, 2007

I made it to India


Friends, it has been a long time since I've posted. A few changes have come about.

I finally made it to India. This past March I traveled to Delhi to train a group that is handling the part of the business that I oversee. I have finally seen an Indian call center from the inside out.

I spent about 17 days there and let me tell you it was mind-blowing. Here's a picture of the Taj Mahal that I took. I'll be going back soon, but in the mean time will post some of my first-hand findings/views on outsourcing to India.

The second big change/event I discovered when I turned to the Editor's Page of the latest edition of Call Center Magazine to find that Keith Dawson has split. This is not good news. It seemed to me that while he was Editorial Director the magazine finally became worthwhile (see my post on Call Center Literature/shiterature). CCSCDM will be keeping a close eye on this new development. Will Susan Hash make a hash-job of the project? Will CCM sink back to the status of a call center products catalog?

And last, but not least, what the hell is Anonymous Cog up to?????

6 Comments:

Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Still here!

Looking forward to hearing more about the call center in India.

AC

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here. The call center industry in india is shaping the lives of thousands of people in that country and the call center industry worldwide. What more can you share about your experiences over there?

Jane
http://www.callcentercomics.com

11:32 PM  
Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Great news. Left the call center. Making a shitload more money. read about it in the blog. keep in touch.

ac

6:44 PM  
Blogger Maria Richards said...

In your experience it is reflecting to me that your trip was full of joy and you have visited the most beautiful places of India. Yes Keith Dawson news is not so good. If you want to know more about call centers in India, you can easily get the information from Google site by typing the call centers in India in search.

Vaibhav
India’s one and only end to end CISCO based IP network.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous call center said...

Hello,
Changes are also good and welcome in life. Some people resists changes may be due to superstitious.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, you've been to a call center in India? I hope I can also visit their place their. I wanted to see the difference and similarities. By the way, thanks for sharing us your experience, it really seems that you've got a great time out there. Keep safe.

Danielle

Reservations call center

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home